RE: Insurance Question After Accident

From: Norah Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 07:40:20 EDT

Wow Tom... First I want to say, thank God everyone is ok. I can't believe
the insurance company wants to repair the vehicle. My accident in '98 seems
to have been pretty mild when I compare the pics you posted to mine. Yet my
insurance company decided to write off the truck completely. In my case
tho, the truck was leased through Chrysler and the insurance company may
have decided it was easier to write it off than to argue with DC (especially
as DC is a much bigger company and would have won any argument with them.)
Personally, I have never been the same since my experience with being pushed
into the lamp pole. Even tho it was 4 years ago, I'm still being treated
for the medical problems since it happened. :-( Seems like my doctor has
finally been able to diagnose my problem. Just recently I've been diagnosed
with "Fibromyalgia". The medical community doesn't know a lot about it, but
they have determined that most patients that develop this have had some kind
of major trauma or accident in their history. So.. I'm back in physio
therapy, massage therapy, and a slew of new drugs to take.

Sorry to ramble on and on about my personal issues, but I'm just trying to
point out that medical problems can crop up years later and don't let the
insurance company close the file until everyone is back to a normal
lifestyle. Don't let these insurance people take advantage of you as they
*WILL* try to close your file as soon as possible. Mind you State Farm has
a better reputation that the cheap crap I was using. Sometimes it pays to
have an insurance company with a reputable name, but they're all leeches.

Norah Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black (Black Diamond)
prev: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 5.2 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Widow)
prev: '95 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Ice)
prev: '93 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, electric blue
(Enterprise)
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white (White Knight)