Re: Tonneau Cover

From: Matthew Intihar (challengerman@juno.com)
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 21:08:12 EDT

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:25:48 -0400 "Neil W. Bellenger"
<neil624b@rochester.rr.com> writes:
> The fit is tight at the top of the gate. The rear latch bar lifts
> slightly when the gate is closed. This will eventually wear the paint
on the
> gate.

Jeff,

I see Neil beat me to the punch with all the info on the Access tonneau.
I will confirm everything he said, but there is a way to remedy the above
problem. If you install the tonneau with a slight slope to the cab, you
can achieve a little more clearance at the tailgate. My paint is a
little faded, but by no means is it wearing off (it's more of a haze from
all the moisture that gets trapped between the cover and the tailgate).
I got a tailgate protector almost a year ago, but I've been too lazy to
remove the cover and reinstall it with the extra clearance. Well, I hope
that answers all your questions, let me know if there is anything else.
BTW thanks for the compliment on the truck.

Matthew
'92 CC 3.9L 4x2 auto
AR-767 w/Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar 275/60R15

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!