Re: paypal warning

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 11:30:37 EST

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:57:36 -0500, ethan@ethanschwartz.com (Ethan
Schwartz) wrote:

>Check the URL very carefully... the scam I've noticed recently (well a
>year ago I guess) is to make the URL appear as though it's actually
>coming from ebay or paypal by using username/passwords like:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com:sdkfjlskd@123.222.43.55

You can also check the message headers to see where the message came
from. ebay/paypal e-mails should always be coming from ebay/paypal
mail servers. What's more, if there's really a problem, both ebay and
paypal will tell you when you log into their site.

It's just a scam... There's tons of them like it, unfortunately.

-Bill