Re: paypal warning

From: Ethan Schwartz (ethan@ethanschwartz.com)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 10:56:54 EST

Check the URL very carefully... the scam I've noticed recently (well a
year ago I guess) is to make the URL appear as though it's actually
coming from ebay or paypal by using username/passwords like:

http://cgi.ebay.com:sdkfjlskd@123.222.43.55

so you think you're going to ebay, but you're really going to the IP at
the end...

I generally ignore all emails from paypal/ebay... if something is
changing or going wrong, I just wait until I use the service then fix it
by navigating the site... they want your business, so they make it easy
to fix problems.