Re: DML BBQ guns

From: Anne Baker (patience@cif.rochester.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 14:03:43 EST

This is why I'm glad I live in New Hampshire. Right-to-carry laws are
wonderful things. If there is no legal reason why you can't have a
permit to carry, the state must issue a concealed carry permit. (You
don't get one if you've got a history of mental illness, or have been
convicted of a felony) And if you don't have a permit to carry, that's
why we've got gun racks, so that you can keep your weapon in full view
and thus not need a permit. (We consider having a gun out of sight in
the car concealed)

Of course our wonderful neighbors to the south, the People's Republic
of Massachusetts are downright draconian. You must reapply every year
complete with photo and fingerprints, it's ridiculous. And that's just
for out-of-state licenses. You have to pull some pretty big strings to
get an in-state license.

Unfortunately I'm living in NY for the next year and a half and I'm not
allowed to touch a gun until February. Grr. Good thing they don't
license hands and feet as weapons.

~~Anne

Dak-by-association Mike's '98 V8 Club Cab 4x4
patience@cif.rochester.edu