RE: DML BBQ guns

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 19:04:31 EST

Well, Ok, You are correct, but where am I wrong? You just looked up and
re-typed what I said before... The only difference I can see between
out assertions is I was not 100% on DC, and you don't consider the
Illinois State Police keeping records on every gun owner as being,
effectively, gun owner registration. I do. Otherwise, we are both
cookin the same meal.... ;-)

>>> barnesrv@comcast.net 10/27/03 12:02PM >>>

BUZZZZZZZZZZ...wrong...

From, "The Traveler's Guide to Firearm's law for the 50 states" by
Scott
Kappas,

...residents of Illinois are required to have a firearms ID card before
they
may purchase or possess any rifle, shotgun, handgun or ammo. This card
is
issue by the Dept. of State Police and is valid for five years.
Travelers
passing thru ILL, may possess firearms or ammo without a state ID card
IF
the weapons are unloaded and securely cased in the trunk or storage
compartment of the vehicle and the ammo is stowed apart from the
weapons.
Loaded firearms may be possessed at bonafide gun shows or in a hunting
format where the individual possesses a non-resident hunting license.
...Chicago is a world unto itself. Handgun ownership has been banned
since
1982. ALL other firearms must be registered with the Chicago Police
before
entering the city.
In Illinois, local units may pass their own gun laws.

Washington D.C.
No handgun sales or possession, rifle and shotgun is restricted and
registration is required, assault weapons totally restricted, no
provision
for concealed or open carry.

Virginia, does indeed have concealed carry, just as you say.

Maryland, limited ccw, with a required license, discretionary basis

Hawaii, ALL firearms MUST be registered with the state within 48 hours
of
entering Hawaii, (I have a home there). Extremely limited cc permits,
last
one issued was for the wife of the former Democratic Governor, and
they
tried to keep that secret.

But thanks for playing, better luck next time...

Rascal