DML BBQ guns

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Oct 22 2003 - 09:49:27 EDT

wow, didn't know that. Thanks NYC.
  Ok, what about rifles and such? I don't expect this to become a big
production, I just thought it might be interesting especially for the
attendees that may not normally be able to shoot, say an AK or an AR-15,
or even a 10-22.... it's up to you, I'm not trying to talk you into
anything.

On the subject of Safety, I a NRA certified Pistol and Presonal
Protection instructor, so I can help anyone that isn't familiar with the
safety issues surrounding firearms.

>>> jon@dakota-truck.net 10/16/03 05:11PM >>>

"BARRY OLIVER" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote:
: Speaking of shooting... Jon, what would you think of using that
little
: range you have, for it's intended purpose, at some point during the
2004
: BBQ? Obviously Range safety rules would have to apply, but maybe
: earlier in the week before any hardcore wheeling get's going...
Whaddya
: think? There have been a couple of comments made about people
wanting
: to learn to shoot, and I would be more than happy to teach an ad-hoc
: class if anybody was interested. Maybe we could persuade Tom to
take
: his frustrations out on cardboard and tin-cans... er, on second
thought
: maybe not Tom, Christine might not survive being shot..

   I'm somewhat open to the idea; obviously safety would
have to be kept at the utmost priority; eye and ear protection
for everybody, etc. One problem though is NY's opressive gun
control laws - legally you can't even touch a pistol in NY
unless you have a permit; they literally don't even let you
hold one in your hand! (Which of course also brings up the
problem of where the firearms would be coming from, etc.)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'