Re: Re: weird idle while cold

From: Ethan Schwartz (ethan@ethanschwartz.com)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 23:03:13 EST

Actually...

I went to AZ and bought a new IAC, and the instructions specifically
said to drive @ 40mph for 2 minutes... I had read that before re:
re-learning things, but figured it was the usual "takes the computer
time to re-learn" mumbo jumbo... but if it was important enough to
include a full page of instructions w/ the part it must be real.

So on the way home I drove @ 40mph for 2 minutes... and since then I
have had ZERO problems idling... I didn't even need to open the hood...

I'm glad it's fixed, but it's a bit depressing that the computer's
factory settings are so screwy that the engine, even after driving
approx. 100-150mi, was still idling bad...

I'm keeping the part for a few weeks just in case... it has been
unseasonably warm lately, so maybe the first 35* day it will stick again...

As for the oil... what is the proper AC Delco part number for the
pressure sensor? 1823 or 1832? 1832 is more expensive so that must be
it! :)

Thanks,
-Ethan