Re: weird idle while cold

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 21:43:53 EST

I had that on my first '89, and I was 150 miles from home in a horrible
storm. After getting back just fine I got a used sending unit from the
local wrecker and the funny readings went away. That
orifice is so small that oil cakes there and afftects
the readings. My current GenII has somewhat the same funny readings but not
that low. As for your
other problem, you say after up to 90 seconds it
goes away. Thats about when you should get to
100 F. Which is when you go into closed loop. As
to the IAC, I don't know if you have to change it. I
just cleaned mine up according to a Dakota web site. It was horrible at
275,000 mi. Just some carb
cleaner, clean paper towels, and q-tips for the seat
inside the body. But be careful not to move the
pintle any more than necessary, and very slowly.
It did seem to smooth out my idle somewhat.
I would more likely look at TPS on that problem.