RE: soft tonneau

From: DodgeDe@cs.com
Date: Tue Oct 28 2003 - 17:46:58 EST

I have it on my R/T it is worth what you pay for it. It seems to be basic fabric store 6.99 per yard vinyl and a basic aluminum frame. But I still feel I got what I paid for. The struts that hold the top open are some kind of spring deal not gases struts as I thought from the pics. There is not a latch but web type belts for both sides. The cross rods adjuster is a bit bigger than the rod and shows through the vinyl. I think I’ll glue some foam or something on the rods to hide that. (Someday) I’ve had it for a few months now and no problems however my truck is a bit pampered as it almost never gets driven in bad weather and does not set outside. If you want a good seal you will need to get some extra foam tape. The local hardware foam tape was not the same but I wanted to leave foe Carlisle so I used what was there. I would see if they would sell you an extra roll so it all matched. It seals pretty good when I wash it and has not hurt the paint yet. I wanted a flush lift top for cheap and that is what I
got. At some point I will put some nicer vinyl on it. Something with a dodge logo or something like the scat pack logo. Be sure you have help with assembly as it takes two to get it stretched tight. I took some pics of the assembly that I keep meaning to put on my web sit but just have not done it yet. If you want I’ll send them to you just send your e-mail. If you don’t do this stuff often tape off the top of the bed and the back of the cab. Also the inside edge of the bed so you can mark the screw holes.

Bill