RE:Hit 170,000 Miles Today, Dead Tomorrow??

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 10:38:39 EST

>Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 00:31:13 -0600
>From: "Gary Hedlin" <ghedlin@theramp.net>
>Subject: DML: Hit 170,000 Miles Today, Dead Tomorrow??
>

>But heres the $100,000 question....
>
>I've heard several people say that on the typical Magnum engine, things
>start going haywire about 175,000 miles. Can anyone confirm or disprove
>this?? I'm very interested in weather i'll be needing a rebuild sooner
than
>I am planning!

probably depends on what "they" mean by haywire.. I pulled my 318 at
235,000 miles because I got a good deal on a lesser mileage 360 that fit in
rather nicely. It was running fine, but not as strong as it did when it
was new.
And I have a lot of miles towing #5000 cross country.
Only engine work was the rear main seal and fwiw - I still have the
original alternator and ball joints.

Victor Williams
Marietta Ga
1995 CC Sport 2wd,5.9l,5sp,3.55LSD,MP sp intake,Flowkooler,K&N
dropin,Jardine catback,Flowmaster 70,CarSound Cat,Jacobs ign,MSD 8mm
wires,Tow pkg,207rwhp,285rwtq - 265000 miles