RE: Injectors question

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@cox.net)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 09:05:45 EST

Wouldn't you have to have your PCM re-flashed for bigger injectors? At
WOT your computer is just going to send a specific pulse width per RPM
if you know what I mean... even if you stepped up to 42#/hr injectors
the pulse width should remain the same at WOT... you're going to need a
SAFC or something along those lines with bigger injectors if you don't
want to get a computer flash...

I'm running 24# injectors with no SAFC, and will be trying 30# injectors
pulling fuel out at crusing speeds/throttle.... and WOT see how she
looks w. the FMU and boost.... and go from there.... (then again, I
have the 408 and flashed PCM)

Good luck Bob!

Tim Berry
_______________________

WOT Daksters:

I've gone through the archives looking at all the injector threads
but, either a mental block or old age or both, is preventing me
from filtering out the specific information that I need :-(

On the 1/4-mi. track, my scanner readouts and calculations
indicate that my stock 19# injectors are way above the
recommended 80% duty cylcle, more like low 90%.
I've tried the FMS #19ers and their duty cycle are even higher
than the stock ones, closer to 95%. I've also tried the FMS 24#ers
and, for whatever reasons, they are way too rich, with heavy duty
bogging no matter where on the rpm scale I put the pedal to the
medal.

Does anyone know what injector sizes are available out there for
my Dak ('97, 5.2) that will get the duty cycle closer to the 80% at WOT?
Thanks.

Bob Tom Ontario, Canada
97 Dakota CC Sport, 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE, 4.56 SG, 4,080 lb (truck, driver,
3/8
tank)
Track PB: ET 14.29 sec. Trap speed 97.36 mph