Re: Mac vs PC sorry no dak

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 21:40:00 EST

Well I gotta say I was a PC guy for years, but my job for the last ten years
has been dealing with file, programs and systems for both pc and mac and I am
now a solid mac fan. I own a pc at home only because I cannot yet afford a G5
(til jan). If you look at the specs, the mac processors are fast er in almost
every industry standard test and that is not even mentioning that the mac
proccessors are usually lower power (for example they might test a dual 2Ghtz mac
against a dual 2.4Ghtz xenon and the mac still wins). And when it comes to
operating system stability the macs win hands down.
       Microsoft is such crap that it has made my work life hell. We have
gone to the extent of telling our customers that if they bring there files in a
microsoft native format, we cannot guarantee it will work and we will charge
them extra to handle it. As far as system admin, the perception is different
because pc's have dominated the market because of price so there is less
available "stuff" to deal with macs. just because its cheaper does not mean it is
better, usually its the opposite. I can only point to the US military which
decided a couple years ago to switch all its ancillary systems over to mac as their
computers came off lease (or were up for replacement) because of security
concerns. Of course both system pale in comparision to the true supercomputer
systems like the water-cooled cray systems that the important parts of the
government and banking systems use.
       Dont mean to start a fight here, but if you had to deal with microsift
files from all differnet program versions and op system versions day in and
day out, you too would realize that Bill Gates is the Anti-Christ.

John S

PS do your local printer a favor and get hip to Adobe products, at the very
least use Adobe Acrobat (program of the gods)