RE: RE: Dyno'd the lil ol truck today....

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@cox.net)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 20:21:53 EST

These are just baseline dyno's... I'm sure there's lots of fine tuning
to do, but I'm still running an ooooollllld school F&B 50MM TB... Im
going to step up to a 55MM or so, and put 30# injectors in and go from
there... then up the boost...

Its all KRC's work... the heads were used on the 360 I had before this,
just 2.02 R/T heads, slight port work (just cleaned them up really), and
the cam is a 220/230 w/ .507 lift on 1.6's, but I have 1.7s which comes
out to .539 lift... I pull ~9-10" of vacuum at idle (yes, it's a 408,
8.2:1 comp ratio.

The only things on the truck is a custom flashed PCM that KRC did for
me, which is a N/A flash, and I'm using the BTM and FMU to tune for
boost for the most part, and SAFC to fine tune the fuel...

I'm not stepping up to the big boost until I get the injectors and TB...
I'm going to start small and gradually go up from there...

Tim Berry

Tim,

Overlay those graphs and I think you'll find the area under the curves
is
telling you a different story. Max timing is NOT the fast ticket with a
boosted motor. MTBT or minimum timing for best torque.

At peak you picked up 4 HP but that the expense of 12+ ft lbs. and the
area
under the curve is reduce signficantly. Common misconception about
timing
w/boost.

Is that a 408? What cam and who did the heads?

Bob