RE: RE: RE: Dyno'd the lil ol truck today....

From: Bob Mankin (bob@coralfarms.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 22:17:08 EST

If you've got some time, visit the F-Body or Mustang boards and check out
the forced induction forums. Track down the fast, knowledgeable guys and see
if they talk about timing curves or at least total timing. The info will
carry over to the Dodge as well. 24-25 degrees total at WOT is pretty much
standard. On a stroker, if anything, it will be a bit less because of that
longer arm crank. Too much advance only builds undesirable, excessive heat
in the motor or hurts parts. It won't make you faster and there's nothing
that sucks more than hurting a brand new motor you've spent a bunch of time
and money on.

You can try to ask Marty if he'll tell you what the timing curve looks like
and it'll give you some idea of how much retard you should be thinking. Your
vacuum sounds low which is gonna give you problems with a factory PCM. Marty
swears that cam will pull 13+ inches. I've never quite believed that. Did
you install it straight up?

Bob