RE: RE: RE: Oil filters; $2 Generic vs $10 Premium

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 19:51:10 EST

No biggie...not paid my "Mopar" either for my opinion (they don't pay that
much). ;)

The older Mopar filters were pretty piss-poor in quality. They noticed a
lot of complaints on the initial "tap tap tap" startup and changed the
design of the anti-drainback valve.

>From personal experience with a high-volume oil pump and a decently built-up
engine...i'll stick with the Mopar filter (causes the least amount of
problems for me...and yes, I've run WIX, Mobil-1, K&N, and quite a few other
"Brand-X" filters in my time....definitely stay away from Fram though.)

- Bernd