Re: new toy

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 00:30:47 EST

On Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at 07:47 PM, andy levy wrote:

> This should be interesting.

agreed.

if it's got the dual D44s that I think it has, I'd like to get a set of
dually axles (D60 front D70 rear) to throw under it (the 7" BS on the
HMMWV rims would give me the right clearance to run something along
along the lines of a 15" wide tire. this is without measuring, of
course), but that's about as far as I've thought. and that's an
expensive proposition unless I get lucky and find someone who doesn't
know what they're selling.

> Can't tow that w/ the Dak.

actually it's curb weight is supposedly less than my CC weighs - around
4200#. so I've towed about as much as it weighs to Wisconsin! It'll
be time to regear in the rear soon enough, anyway, and with 3.92s I
wouldn't hesitate for shorter trips.

not that I give too much credence to that number -- and it'll certainly
grow quickly, but that puts it not completely out of the realm of
possibility.

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>