Re: new rims!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 23:02:24 EST

"Michael Maskalans" <mike-lists@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> so, after the fscking ball joints were done, I got my baby back:
>
> <http://makeashorterlink.com/?T54345686>
>
> I think that's pretty snazzy, myself.
> <big g>
>
> alignment is nicely spec'd (got the sheet)
> everything seems nice and tight again (cross camber, total toe and left
> toe were all pretty bad)
> they straightened out my cross-member pretty well (tweaked by high
> centering at the BBQ, for those who don't know)
> leveled out the truck (right side was an inch lower - +1/2" overall, so
> it appears very level front-to-back now)
>
> I need to pull my front mudflaps - their molded shape sticks out into
> the tire mid-turn (poor ASCII drawing below illustrates mudflap shape)
> _
> t\ |f
> i | |l
> r | / a
> e/ | p
>
> the truck is probably an inch further up, and looks very, very
> different.
>
> sorry about the shinies, norah! <g>
> --
> Michael Maskalans '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318

Looks mighty sharp there Mike! I'm Sooooooo jealous. I've wanted some
larger rims for my dak for a while now (since day one actually) but
something always seems to come up just about when I'm ready to spend. Plus,
I haven't been able to find anything I really really like.

Did the larger wheels/tires make a noticable difference in handling of the
truck? Also, how did you correct for the very different OD of these new
larger meats? Is it pretty straightforward to do through the superchips
thing? I've been dying to try it with mine, but my speedometer is pretty
accurate already.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L