Re: hard tonneau cover

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 12:29:35 EST

DAKSY said:

> The VersaCap, manufactured in
> Ontario, Canada, which is what I have on the DAKSY, is a combo. It opens
> "Gull-wing" or "butterfly" style, PLUS I can open it from the middle and
> can raise the racks to hold canoes or 16' lengths of lumber.

Sounds interesting. Does it leak? I looked at a couple of different
split-lid models, and was told that it's almost impossible to seal the
hinge so that it doesn't let water in to the bed. We have a tendency to
store stuff back there long-term, and wanted to keep the bed completely
dry.

> I was told by the owner of the company that
> some of you Canuckers even park their snowmobiles on top of the cap when
> they're hauling them around.

I wouldn't know about that. I try to hibernate as much as possible during
the winter. Must be why I moved from Utah to Ontario... the weather's
better :-).