Re: hard tonneau cover

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 18:17:39 EST

Hey, Jason,

<snip>Sounds interesting. Does it leak? I looked at a couple of different
 split-lid models, and was told that it's almost impossible to seal the
 hinge so that it doesn't let water in to the bed. We have a tendency to
 store stuff back there long-term, and wanted to keep the bed completely
 dry.<snip>

There's a rain channel that runs between the two halves & tends to shed
water & snow before it gets in the bed. The only time I've had water get in
is from the local hi-pressure touch-free car wash...& I'm not so sure that
it doesn't happen during the "blow-dry" phase of the cycle.

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(It locks, too)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed