Re: Removing front hub from '98 4X4? - UPDATE

From: jndneff@texas.net
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 20:09:43 EST

Just thought I'd let everyone know my Dak now has four brand new Moog ball
joints in it. The hub came off very easy after I bought a Craftsman 18" 1/2"
drive breaker bar and a 4' long piece of pipe. I read that others have had
problems recently with Craftsman lately, but I had already broken my 1/2"
ratchet so I had to go there to get it replaced anyway. I was a bit surprised
to see the lower joints were still nice and tight when I pulled them out, but
the uppers were loose like a wet noodle. The passenger side could even be
pushed in and out by hand with a nice sloppy clunk at both ends. Doing a job
like this sure makes you appreciate having things such as a 4" angle grinder to
remove the factory rivets, a ball joint fork and a 2 lb. sledge.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html