RE: Canadian Shipping? Was: meet videos

From: Jerod J. Husvar (jerodh@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 16:27:12 EST

Hmm... I always use US Mail. I guess if you have to declare what an entire
exhaust system or whatnot's value, it gets sticky. On, the other side, I've
bought computer parts from Canada and never paid a duty on them.

Wasn't NAFTA supposed to get rid of this BS? :)

Jerod

---
Jerod J. Husvar - eBay: DreamWvrOH - I can list for you! - I leave feedback,
do you?
2001 Dakota CC V6 4x2
2001 Malibu V6

----Original Message Follows---- It's a mystery to me. All I know is that if someone send us packages over a specific dollar amount (what that line is, I don't know) we will end up paying customs fees. If someone sends up anything via UPS, we are totally screwed and have to pay brokerage customs fees that can end up costing more than the initial item is worth. This has happened to us before. Then I'll end up getting something via FedEx and pay nothing. But then we have had a few instances where we had to pay fees with FedEx. I have no clue what this mystery forumla is.. I just know that whoever created it must have either been on some serious drugs or is completely insane.

Norah Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Burlington, Ontario

_________________________________________________________________ >From Beethoven to the Rolling Stones, your favorite music is always playing on MSN Radio Plus. No ads, no talk. Trial month FREE! http://join.msn.com/?page=offers/premiumradio