Re: Re: RE: Re: Got my sandbags today

From: J Wynia (jwynia@pragmapool.com)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 13:36:08 EST

While I live south of Superior in St. Paul, Minnesota overall gets quite a
bit of snow and often has freezing rain that coats the road and then gets
snow on top. When you're sitting at the top of a hill at a stop light, 2WD
just plain causes problems. I don't care how good you are in your
technique, a couple of hundred pounds of sand means the difference between
actually going up the hill and sliding off to the side. Of course you can
drive a 2WD in the snow without safety weight, by compensating in your
driving, but the same could be said of ABS, power steering and drum brakes
instead of disc brakes. However, when an advantage can be obtained for $15
in sand and gravel, it's a good idea.

--
J Wynia
Pragmapool, Inc.