Re: 4 banger gas milage?

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2003 - 17:30:46 EST

    Mine has been getting right at 20MPG for the last few years.. A bit
lower when I've got my foot in it through most of the tank. but can get as
high as 23 taking it easier. Not a major fluctuation, not very quick, but
can keep up quite well in traffic; does better than the 4cyl Rangers do.
Mine used to be able to lay rubber into 3rd gear, till I put bigger tires on
it. Then only 1st & second.
    I've had 2 of them, First one ran better than it's replacement. I'm not
impressed with the mileage; but a 2.5L in a Dak certainly leaves you more
room to work on it.
    My only concern/ issue is temperature.. The 2.5L's seem more prone to
cracked heads/ blown headgaskets. Learn to pay attention to the temp guage,
I also installed a 160 deg thermostat & manual override for the electric
fan.
Aaron Wyse