Subject: 4 banger gas milage?

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 09:20:04 EST

I don't have any experience with the Gen2/Jeep 2.5, but I have a Gen1 with
the pre-mag 2.5/ 5sp. I routinely get 20+ mpg in town, and 28-29 mpg with
heavy highway use. I once went to Pittsburgh from Columbus and back on one
tank. That was about 429 miles on about 15 gal.- 29 mpg. I routinely go to
Cleveland and back on less than one tank- 300+ miles. I'm not sure when the
switch was made from the Chrysler 2.5 to the Jeep 2.5. I think you can find
Gen2s with both varieties. The pre-mag 2.5 isn't what I would call
'powerfull' in this application, but it has been darn reliable.

Tim

> I am toying with the idea of getting a second Dak. I found a Gen 2, 4
cyl, 5
> speed and the dealer was telling me it would get 20 mpg.
>
> My V8 gets 10 in the winter and a best of 15 in the summer. Other Dak
owners
> have told me that that is about the same as their 6 and 4 cyl trucks
> get,
but
> I just figured they did not know how to calculate their mileage. Does
> anybody have any real world gas milage figures for a Gen 2, 4
> cylinder, 5
speed?