Beefy transmissions

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 05:42:04 EST

On 11/20/03 6:01 PM, "John" <jndneff@texas.net> wrote:

> Don't believe it if you don't want to. But, since the 48RE is new for 2003,
> we're going to have to wait a while to see if they actually hold up. I
> promise you don't know anyone who's been through 3-4 48RE's.

Oh, okay. Sorry, but I hadn't caught that this was a *new* trans. I
thought this was what they had been using, and apparently that was the 47RE,
which I'll continue to say doesn't hold up to true abuse. Hopefully this
48RE can take the heat of that respectable warmed over Cummins.

--
Mike, constantly drooling over prospective tow vehicles.