Re: Beefy transmissions

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 20:53:27 EST

> It's true...don't under estimate the 48RE either. It's no slouch! :)
>
> And BTW: QuadCab at that! (That's from what the PVO tech told/hinted us
> at
> the shop. There's a few other items coming as well.)

I don't underestimate the 48RE, I simply hate auto transmissions. I also
seriously doubt the factory is going to deliver the 48RE in the SRT-10 with
anywhere near the kind of shift package this truck will demand. I bet it
will be just as slushy and slow shifting as it is behind the CTD. That's
what the mid life crisis guys who want an auto transmission behind a Viper
V10 want, so that's what Dodge will deliver.

OTOH, while the QC adds weight to the truck, this is one thing that will
make me take a closer look at the truck. I still want to see what the tow
rating is going to be as I need something to tow my travel trailer, but the
QC will make it doable for me. I NEED the added space a standard cab cannot
provide.

How long will the bed be on the QC version?

John