Re: Dakota Mods

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 12:14:28 EST

Peter Grace wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I haven't posted to the list in a few months -- it looks like the
> newsgroup is the best bet for me now! (Wayyy too much traffic for my
> e-mail account.) Anyway, I've got a couple questions that maybe some
> people can answer...

Newsgroup = goood

> 1) I just bought the plug kit/jba wires from speedtweaks (That is, if
> they ever get back to me -- ordered 'em on sunday and still no word
> yet.) How hard is it for an absolute newbie to change plugs/wires?
> Should I get a mechanic to do it for me? I understand from reading
> other posts that the orientation of the cap/rotor is important.. I
> don't have any way to lift the truck, short of a hydraulic jack and some
> jack stands (when I can head to auto-zone.)

Plugs and wires are easy - points to remember - do the plug wires one at
a time to prevent accidentally attatching the wrong wire to the wrong
plug. Use Dielectric grease on the plugwire boots, use antiseize on the
plug threads.

> 2) Reading the DML meet reports, it sounds like a lot of people are
> having problems with getting water in the cold air intake

Water in the cold air intake, water in the engine , water in the cab,
water everywhere!!!!!!

> I've > personally been itching to get snorkel attachments! Has anyone else
> considered that as an idea? I saw it in that movie dante's peak and
> thought "That's about the damned coolest idea I've ever seen!" I'm
> wondering if anyone's thought about it with their Dak...

After this year's BBQ - Ohh yeah - - its snorkel time!

> With all the
> rain we've been having lately, I absolutely love taking the Dak through
> some of the standing water that accumulates near my office's building.
> I've even taken some co-workers for rides too.. ("Woo Hoo's!" and "Hey,
> can I keep my window down?" "If you want to get wet!")
>
> 3) Finally -- I'm going to have some extra money soon (hooray for vehicl
> e mileage when you're a consultant! I get to drive from philly to
> Marion, Ohio!

Wonderful little town, Marion is. Been a long time since I was there.

> Thanks guys,
>
> Dirty Pete

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes" -- Oscar Wilde

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/