Re: Dakota Mods

From: Peter Grace (pgrace@fierymoon.com)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 12:48:40 EST

I think I'm all set in the hardware department, short of a socket
extension which I'm sure I can borrow from someone nearby. This sounds
like it's an easy enough job, a good "Getting-The-Feet-Wet" thing for me
to try on a weekend. Are there any brands for dielectric goop and
anti-seize compound that you guys like? I have not bought either items
before and not sure if I should stay away from a particular brand...

I'm thinking of upgrading the ignition system as well -- I bought the
blue JBA wires since they were the bigger conductor wire listed.. I'm
wondering if getting one of those insane MSD ignitions would be a "Good
Thing." -- Where in the heck do you mount those ignition controllers
that look like a sub amp? Is there a similar item somewhere in my
engine block? I need a mechanic to give me a point and explain lesson
under the hood.. :)

Thanks,

Dirty Pete