Re: Those weird helix throttle body spacer thingies

From: Peter Grace (pgrace@fierymoon.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 19:58:31 EST

I'm just trying to make the damned thing operate well.. I hate to
admit it, but I used to be a chevy guy.. I had a '90 chevy astro with
the big v6 (I think it was 4.3) and I could kick some serious butt in it..

I've fallen in love with the Dakota, though, and I just want to give her
some of the power that I used to enjoy.. Like Tundra Wookie said, I
have no hope of maintaining 5th gear on an upgrade....

Then again, the astro was 2WD, and the dak is 4WD, so maybe the added
drivetrain goes a long way to add some weight...

Pete

ronald bruce taylor,jr wrote:

| Very True Ray!.........I only recommend a TB swap using a Fastman,F&B
| or APS TB if the 3.9 is going to see a some very heavy mods or if
finding a
| stock V8 TB is hard or too expensive.
|
| It just depends on what the owner is after and how far he wants to go
| modifying his 3.9......
|
| I'm running the F&B because it came with the performance package that I
| bought from Speedtweaks before they closed.....I purchased a complete
Dyno