Starting Woes

From: Kenneth Berntsen (kenneth@berntsen.cc)
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 10:08:45 EST

Okay maybe the Dak is just having a bad day, but I don't think so. This
morning I had a heck of a time getting the truck to start. I disconnected
the MSD6 (Thank God I ordered some Weatherpack connectors) and still had
the same problem. I was working on the asumption that I wasn't getting a
spark since I could smell unburnt fuel after a couple of tries starting.

Once running, (MSD hooked back up) ever thing seemed fine so long as I
didn't jump on the gas. When I hit the gas, like a fast start off a light
or trying to jump out and pass some one, the truck bogs down. At a stop
sign I thought it was gonna die. The only code I have is the P0351 which
Bernd had posted just a few days ago that it shouldn't affect
driveability.

I've got 65K on the truck, and I'm not sure if I should be looking for a
fuel supply problem or spark problem. Any suggestions?

I do plan to drive home from work with the MSD disconnected to see if
maybe that is the problem, but I would expect it to work or not work at
all.

Thanks for the help.

--
Kenneth M. Berntsen