Re: DML:Dakota engine

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 22:40:00 EST

on 12/11/03 6:46 AM, david.clement@verizon.net at david.clement@verizon.net
wrote:

> I guess you have never been to an IHRA event and seen the Screaming Eagle
> nitro
> Harley's, 7 second 1/4's out of these bad boys! ;-)

Key word here-NITRO!
And, yes, I have been to an all Harley event-in the pits with a friend and
his race bike-with the Moto Guzzi forks, Boranni wheel and Brembo brakes. He
couldn't believe it when I pointed to my Guzzi and showed him the forks-he
asked me where I got them, I told him the Guzzi factory.
BTW-Screaming Eagle parts-made in Taiwan. Gotta rely on the Orientals to
make the HD go fast! LOL

Dak content-replaced the t-stat with a 195 deg unit. Still doesn't warm up
well. This is the second time I've put in a 195 and it still won't warm up.
Blocking off the radiator almost completely finally gets the gauge to go
past the 10 o'clock position. With a 180 stat I get a code showing it stays
cold too long. Guess I am lucky I find bad units out of the box.

Jon
STL MO
92 RC LB V6