Re: new truck questions!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 09:28:52 EST

"droo" <03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:oprz1kifmxwzx09r@mail.comcast.net...

> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:32:36 -0800, Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote:
>

> > Now if only it were that easy to take off the rear cab panels in the
> > club cab. What a PITA. Actually, the real problem is that I hate
> > christmas trees. It's not like the Dak has a "refined" interior...
> > screws would be fine with me.
> >

> Holy christ. What's up with the idiot that designed those panels. What a
> nightmare it was. I think pre-2k at least had the grills able to popped
out
> for the rear speakers. I had to pull out a ton of trim in my 03 to get at
> those.

Me too, it was rediculous. When I installed my new sub, I took the liberty
of replacing my rear speakers (BB performance service plan, so it was free)
and let me say that I'll be trying very hard to not have to take all that
stuff apart for a third time. Ugh.

Bill, it wasn't the christmas trees that I had the hard time with, it was
the "hook" type connections that hold the panel in place. They're held on
there like the doorpanels are, where you just have to lift and pull to get
them out, only the read of the cab is a much tighter place to be trying to
just lift and pull.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L