Re: Re: Power Slot Rotors

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 21:06:03 EST

On Dec 15, 2003, at 17:20, Josh Battles wrote:

> looks like Sam's got you covered partswise, but you're gonna need a 7mm
> allen wrench to get the caliper bolts out. other than that, it'll be
> cake.

unless some asshat shop monkey decided to try his SAE set in there a
little overzealously before he dug out the metrics and stripped the
shit out of the hex hole. Then it turns into an all afternoon project
because vice grips won't like to grab onto hardened polished steel
(it'll flatten the nubs in the jaws before it'll dig in and grab). I
had to cut off the protective rubber boot thing and grid a flat into
the pin to get one out of my driver's side. And no, my die grinder
wouldn't fit.

I now have SAE heads on the left and metric on the right. was about $8
for the set of pins.

that was almost a nightmare install, but more of just a real big pain
in the ass. still very easy, all considered.

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360