Re: Power Slot Rotors

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 02:47:40 EST

I don't even know what you guys are talking about. On my '98 4X4, there are
no removable springs on the pads or calipers. When I change the pads, I
remove the caliper, pull the old pads out, pop the new ones in and replace
the caliper. The only "springs" present are permanently riveted to the pads.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

<snip>
> > Or, were you talking about the springs that hold the pads into the
> > calipers
> > and not the spring that goes on the outside of the caliper to hold it
> > in
> > place against the spindle?
>
> that would be it.
> --
Why replace those? I re-used mine and have had no problems
<unsnip>