Re: interesting pick

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 05:07:04 EST

DaPurpleRT wrote:

> ferd motors are TRITONS and even with 3v can't touch a Hemi Ram. :)
>
> -Ryan
> 99 DA RC R/Ts

Yeah... I did a little research on the specs of that motor. Interesting
to note that it has a compression ratio of 9.8:1, and still takes 87
octane. 300hp and 365lb-ft. Impressive, but still not all that great.
  I would wager the better breathing characteristics of the HEMI allow
it to maintain more torque and build the higher horsepower. The Ford
engine sounds to be a good workhorse motor. 80% of peak torque at
1,000rpm, and 90% from 2,200 to 4,700. Admirable, but not good enough. :-D