Re: being 20 is a shit age (ranting, rambling, same old, same old...)

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 10:00:17 EST

"Michael Maskalans" <dml@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> so here I sit on christmas eve eve in Ohio, 714 miles from home. with
> a broken truck. being 20 years old. there is one national car rental
> agency in Sandusky: Enterprise. they'll only rent to you if you're
> under 21 if you're under military orders or if an insurance company is
> footing the bill. there is one place in town that will rent to me, but
> not one-way. they have three branches here in OH.

Usually enterprise will rent to you if you pay cash up front and give them
an imprint of your card just for incidentals. (at least that's been my
experience) Some places will charge you a surcharge of about $5 - $10 per
day extra though.

> so no car rental, and no truck purchase. which leaves a few options.
> trying to get a t-case on short notice, and spending today under the
> truck in the rain working, and getting home very late tomorrow with an
> untested rig. leaving the truck and a LOT of my stuff here to get
> fixed for too much money and finding a bus home, or a 50 mile cab ride
> to toledo or cleveland to fly also for WAY WAY too much money - if
> there are even any seats available. or bending over and lubing up for
> U-Haul. It's going to be just shy of $1000 to get me and the Dakota
> home.

Why not just have the dealer do the work and wait in the lobby or sit in
your hotel room? If they can do it today that would be the best solution I
can see. Have you looked for independant shops?

> and also, since I clearly have either just enough or too much in her,
> what do you guys think of as "Faith" for a red, capped gen III's name?

If "faith" seems fitting to you, that's all that matters......

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L