Re: Cold Air Intake

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 12:14:21 EST

N/A engines will see a boost with cooler temps, cooler air is more denser
and holds more oxygen.

My Supercharged 3.9 loves cooler air, especially that of the NOS kit
that is installed on it!.......LOL

Typical gains of a cold air intake can be as much as 5-10 RWHP, and on a
cooler day it can gain 7-12 RWHP.....

The Ram-air effect while driving can actually add more Power as well!,
depending on cold air kit's design.

This is why I prefer to dyno my Dakota EARLY in the morning during the show
season during the summer months, before the afternoon heat comes.

Ron-
01'Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
Street,Strip,and Show!