RE: Re: t-case selection.....

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 20:02:02 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Michael
Maskalans
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2003 4:47 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: Re: t-case selection.....

<If no one else has managed to kill a transfer case from *wheeling* at
Jon's, I see no reason I'll be the first.>

Dakota Dodge, our Buxton Maine member, exploded his t-case in much the same
way, while driving home from the 2002 BBQ. Actually, he fell victim to the
worn CV joint in the front drive shaft; and you know where that leads.

<besides, if I get another 231, I'll want to find some locking hubs like the
truck should have had in the first place, so that this can't happen again.>

This is one that I wish you luck with. Dakota owners have bemoaned the lack
of aftermarket lock-outs since the dawn of the Dakota. Warn, Mile marker,
and Superwinch have collectively ignored the Dakota market for as long as
the market has existed. One way to get around this is to swap to a solid
axle from a donor truck that is supported by aftermarket or OEM hubs. $$$$$!