Re: Need bright headlights!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 11:16:00 EST

On Jan 2, 2004, at 8:34 PM, steve preston wrote:

> I`d like to get some bulbs
> that are white,and much brighter,on both high and low
> beam. Who do I ask? :)

I run these Eaglite 1000/80s, myself
<http://www.midnightmoose.com/9007.htm>
but I dislike the poseur aspect (the bulb is blue enough to lend a hint
of its color even through the stock headlight housing), and they don't
seem as bright as their wattage would suggest. definitely much better
than stock, though. but that's not saying much, if anything.

my father and I replaced the 9007s in my mother's 2nd gen Taurus with
SilverStars and she said her new low beams were better than her old
high beams. she's very impressed. I haven't logged any night miles in
her car since, but I know the standard bulbs we replaced sucked pretty
hard. I took some before and after pictures, but they show very little
(and aren't online yet).

when my bulbs go (I'm due - it's been at least 2 years) I will probably
go for either PIAAs or SilverStars. unless I magically become rich and
can afford a true HID conversion....

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota CC 0x4 318 (Borked)   '84 RamCharger 4x4 360 (DD)