Re: Need bright headlights!

From: Luke White (lukewhite@emeraldis.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 11:57:35 EST

Has anyone done any research on E-code lights for the Dakota? I personally
don't buy the hype around the "white" bulbs and feel that any bulb that is
tinted isn't giving 100% of its light, so I'd prefer to upgrade to a lens
that makes better use of the existing light and offers a better selection of
bulbs. I recently put an H4 conversion on our Miata and like the light
pattern much better. Puts more light in front of the car with a wider beam
pattern to boot. Signs and road reflectors really jump out at you now. I'd
like to have lighting like that for the Dakota. I contacted the only person
I know (www.danielsternlighting.com - site under renovation, so some links
are broken) and he indicated that E-code lights are available on Dakotas
sold in Brazil, but that he didn't have a Brazilian source. Has anyone else
ever pursued this and wouldn't mind sharing what you've learned?

Later,

Luke
2K Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L, 5-speed