Re: Chevy Colorado

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 11:19:52 EST

Craig Rash wrote:
> Out of curiosity I stopped at the chevy dealer today to see the Colorado. I
> must say that Chevy's entry for the "mid-sized" pickup market is noticably
> smaller than the Dak. I didn't get out the tape measure or anything but
> just parking my 4x2 dak next to the 4x4 Z71 version (both clubcab) my truck
> was taller and wider than the chevy. (I admit that with new tires and lift
> my truck is about 2.5 inches taller than stock) Inside looked very
> rudimentary and S-10 like, and smaller than the Dak. Big surprise there I
> guess. I was going to drive one but decided not to waste my time.

The dimensions are smaller, tow rating/payload is less, and it's got
less power (especially when you consider the I-5 vs. V8). I've only
seen exterior pictures and the TV spots, and it looks like a Silverado
gone bad. Your evaluation of the interior doesn't surprise me - every
Chevy truck I've see has had just about the same interior.

My brother just got a 2000 S10 ZR-2. The bedrails sit as high as mine,
but it's got a factory lift (2 or 3 inches) to get there.