Re: FW: [dakotart] Interesting item on eBayMotors web site

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 15:10:04 EST

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:56:02 -0500, jerodh@hotmail.com ("Jerod J.
Husvar") wrote:
>What's the matter, Bill, no faith in your fellow man?

'fraid not. People have tried to scam me a few too many times.

>Seriously, though, I've bought things on eBay sight unseen. It all depends
>on the seller's feedback rating as to whether or not I would do it. I've
>also sold things with not pictures.... Who doesn't know what a Windows 2000
>box looks like, ya know?

Ok, I'll give you that one. But I post pictures for *everything*.
When I sold my FSM CD, I posted 3 (count 'em, THREE) pictures. It
only took me about 30 seconds more to do that, and this way the person
knew *exactly* what they were getting -- right down to the condition
of the packaging and the CD.

This particular item -- a custom Y-pipe -- is something that I'd
really want to see a picture of. A picture isn't as good as seeing
and feeling it in person, but it can give you a decent indication of
the quality of the product. (Not to mention making sure it's the
correct pipe -- seen lots of things on ebay that describe an item as
being for one vehicle but the picture of the item clearly shows it as
being for another vehicle... Not to mention the folks who claim to be
"knife collectors" and sell Swiss Army knives as being "Rostfrei"
brand......)

-Bill