Re: OBD-II cable

From: Jerod J. Husvar (jerodh@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 15:54:41 EST

>From the website: "Factory Direct Closed for Holidays Dec 22 thru Jan 12"

Business must be good. :)

---
Jerod J. Husvar - eBay: DreamWvrOH - I can list for you! - I leave feedback,
do you?
2001 Dakota CC Sport + V6 4x2
2001 Malibu V6

----Original Message Follows---- From: david.clement@verizon.net

It's not just a cable. There are transciever IC's that are either either in the connector or built into the cable (i.e., pregnant snake). Your laptop interface is RS232 there are three different protocols that are used by the various manufacturers, you need the active components to translate from the interface in your car to the RS232 in your laptop.. I purchased my cable from this guy http://www.obd-2.com/ and use his software (the software is free). He regularly updates the software and keeps the tables of manufacturer specific codes up todate too.

Dave Clement 99 SLT+ CC 4x4

_________________________________________________________________ Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work — and yourself. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx