Re: this is how NOT to install a transfer case

From: Russell Yee (rkyee02@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 08:38:48 EST

Hey Mike

Sucks that the t-case install went south. can you describe the noise that
the t-case is making (grinding, slapping, etc)? Did you happen to check
all the bearings to make sure that they are good? (I know this t-case was
rebuilt, but you never know). Did you tension the chain enough (could be
chain slap)? I wouldn't drive too far with the case in this condition. You
could end up with some smooth gear cogs and metal filings littering the
inside of the case.

            Russ