Re: RE: RE: Warranty Trouble with Supercharger and other mods?

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 21:00:05 EST

OK..OK..it was not my intention to start another war of e-mails here!

I just reported the info I was told in confidence, these steps were taken to
prevent repeated abuse of the warranty program.

I personally feel that if I go to the track or add a performance mod to my
Dakota and it breaks as a result of said action, the responsibilty to fix it
is mine alone, no one else.

The one Ram I know of had more than $6,000 in warranty work performed
at several dealers for various tranny and rearend repairs over a 18 month
period...one of the dealers suspected that the truck was being
seriously abused by the owner.

Another incident I know of that voided the warranty of the truck was
another Ram had been fitted with a body lift and suspension lift that
resulted in the heater core being damaged when the body was lifted.

DC denied the claim on the heater core repair on that truck. That Ram was
serviced at local dealer and I saw that truck first hand.

My personal opinion was that the dealers service dept was correct in denying
that claim.

Ron-
01'Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
Street,Strip,and Show!