Re: Midnight Engine Swap??

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 11:11:19 EST

"Gary Hedlin" <ghedlin@theramp.net> wrote in message

> Well, it's going to be time for me to do an engine swap, and I was
wondering
> how long would it take to swap a 3.9 with another 3.9??? I may be able to
> get a few friends to help, so I'm wondering if it's at all possible to do
it
> in a very long evening with 3 guys and an engine lift???

it's a solid saturday afternoon to night job usually. I've never done it in
a dodge, but doing it in the stang, it took 4 of us 3 cases of beer and 7
hours of working time to get everything finished, from the loostening of the
first screw/nut/bolt, till the new motor started and ran in the car.

on a side note, all of us had done this swap before, so we knew what to
expect. if this is your first time, i'd be prepared for this to be an all
weekend long project, if not longer.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L