Re: Torque Converter questions

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 11:16:47 EST

Dan-

This particular topic is a science in itself, basically it allows a
variation in the launch RPM of a automatic tranny to pull the engine into
it's powerband before the converter engauges.

Kinda like launching a manual tranny only you have a smaller rpm window to
work with with a automatic.

Best person on this to talk to would be Wayne over at APS Precision,
He'll have a suggestion as to what converter to use based on your
combination........

Ron-
01'Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
Street,Strip,and Show!