Re: Daytime running lights not working !

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 17:23:04 EST

At 04:01 PM 1/11/04, you wrote:
>On my 97 Dak when started this morning the DRL's did not come on as they
>always do. So I checked fuses etc. and they are all fine, and all other
>electronics (lights etc.) work normal.

Check to see that the high beam hasn't accidently been left in the activate
mode
by the steering column stalk.

Check to see that there is no corrosion on the connector at the DRL module
(black box attached to driver's fender wall near the battery) and that the
connector is firmly attached.

Just to make sure that the fuses are okay.

The low-beam headlamps operate when the ignition switch is in the RUN
position and the park brake switch OPEN. A circuit from the headlamp
switch connects to the DRL module and is HOT at all times. It's protected
by a 15 amp fuse in the Power Distribution Center. The ignition RUN feed
is provided on a circuit protected by a 15 amp fuse in the junction box.

Other than that, it would be looking at wiring diagrams :-(

>I'm just wondering if it could be related to the E -Brake cable as I know when
>you put the E-Brake on they go off, and once released they come back on.

I didn't know that. I'll have to try it when it's a little warmer.

Good luck! I wouldn't mind a follow-up once the problem has been discovered.
Just in case, eh :-)

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, 44RE auto., 4.56SG