Re: replacing timing chain on 1998 dakota 2.5 liter

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 12:34:22 EST

Gee, A timing chain and sprockets should be a life of the vehicle part. I would
be looking for why you are changing it for a second time (I had 250,000 miles
on the timing chain and sprockets in my 89 V6 with no indication that it needed
to be replaced). I hope you have not confused the engine you have with the
older 2.5 OHC motor that has a timing belt that needs to be changed as a
maintainence item.

In any case the Factory Service Manual, a Chiltons Manual or Haynes manual will
have adequate information to do the work. A Chiltons or Haynes should be
available at your local chain parts store such as Autozone.

Dave Clement